Students and staff have been busy filming for an AET Festive Video competition. Click below to take a look.
Record Breaking GCSE Results for the Third Year Running!
All at Broadlands Academy would like to pass on their congratulations to our outgoing Year 11 students who achieved an outstanding set of GCSE results. There are many individual success stories where students have been able to achieve the grades they have needed to progress on to the next stage in their lives.
The headline figures are as follows:
· 66% of students achieved an A*-C grade in both English and Maths.
· 62% achieved 5A*-C including English and Maths (national average 2014 55%)
· In English, 84% of students achieved an A*-C grade with 95% making the nationally expected 3 Levels of Progress and 44% making better than expected progress (national average 2014 for 3 Levels Progress 70%).
· In Maths, 68% of students achieved an A*-C grade with 70% making the nationally expected 3 Levels of Progress (national average 2014 for 3 Levels Progress 65%).
· Of those taking separate science subjects, over 95% of our students achieved an A*- C in Biology, Chemistry or Physics, with a record breaking 50% gaining A* or A grades in Chemistry.
· There are also a number of subjects where 80% of students achieved an A*-C grade, including GCSE PE, Core and Additional Science, some Technology subjects and Statistics GCSE.
· There was a 10% increase in the proportion of students gaining at least one A*-A grade across all GCSE subjects.
· The Academy recorded its highest ever figure for Value Added. This demonstrates the value added to the start point of a student when they arrive from Primary School and it is now well over the national average.
There are a number of other qualifications where students achieved outstanding results and a full list will be published in due course.
"All at Broadlands are incredibly proud of the way in which our students have applied themselves in order to ensure they achieved the results they deserved. As an Academy, we are dedicated to ensuring that all students have the opportunities to get the best qualifications possible and are so impressed with the performance of this year group. They have achieved another record breaking set of results, particularly in the progress they have made in English and Maths and have raised the bar for those students now moving into Year 11. I am very privileged to have an outstanding group of teachers who have worked tirelessly to provide great opportunities for all our students. We wish our outgoing Year 11 students the very best for the future and look forward to welcoming our new Year 7 students in September."
D Anderson, Principal
Activities WeekWe had an amazing time. See more of our activities by clicking on our Twitter link below. Follow us to receive all the latest Academy news as it happens.
Showing posts 1 - 2 of 11. View more »
Latest Academy News
Showing posts 1 - 1 of 1. View more »
Welcome to the Broadlands Academy website.
I am very proud to have been the Principal of Broadlands since January 2013, just after the school had converted to an Academy, with our sponsors the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET).
Broadlands is a fully inclusive Academy which has seen a dramatic improvement in outcomes for our young people over the last 2 years. Our recent GCSE results are above the national average and students are making better progress than ever before.
There have been many changes at Broadlands Academy, changes that our students and staff have fully embraced. New uniform and expectations regarding behaviour, new curriculum at KS3 and KS4, new timetable and raised aspirations for all at Broadlands. We ensure that all our students have every opportunity to be successful at whatever they choose to study, there is a wide range of extra-curricular activities for them to take part in and a dedicated team of support staff to help ensure that students can fully access all that is offered at Broadlands.
End of Term 3 – Friday 12 February (3.15pm finish for students)
CPD Day (Academy closed to students) – Monday 22 February
First day back for students – Tuesday 23 February
Review Evening – Thursday 10 March and Tuesday 15 March from 2pm-7pm (early finish for students on both days at 1.25pm)
Y10 Work Experience Week – W/B Monday 14 March
End of Term 4 – Thursday 24 March (1.25pm finish for students)
Start of Term 5 – Monday 11 April
May Day Bank Holiday – Monday 2 May
End of Term 5 – Friday 27 May (3.15pm finish for students)
Start of Term 6 – Monday 6 June
Y6 Transition Evening – Monday 27 June
Y11 Prom – Thursday 30 June
Activities Week – W/B Monday 4 July
Y6 Transition Day – Thursday 7 July
CPD Day (Academy closed to students) – Friday 8 July
Sports Day – Wednesday 13 July
End of Term 6 – Wednesday 20 July (1.25pm finish for students)
CPD Days (Academy closed to students) – Thursday 21 July and Friday 22 July
Showing posts 1 - 5 of 52. View more »